FastClick / ValueClick Media Publishers Review
ValueClick Media has multiple ad network properties. 123Designing will be focusing on their display advertising property formerly known as FastClick in this review. FastClick.com was acquired by ValueClick in 2005. If you want to make money off your website and meet their website requirements, then we highly recommend that you apply to become a ValueClick publisher. FastClick/ValueClick is one of the top CPM/CPC ad networks online.
ValueClick Website Requirements:
ValueClick Media does not accept web sites that:
1. Produce, provide or link to:
* adult content
* sexual content
* profane content
* illegal drugs or related content
* hate speech or hate graphics content
2. Engage in, promote or facilitate illegal or legally questionable activities such as pirating, hacking, spamming and infecting
3. Are hosted by a free service, are personal home pages, provide free URL redirection, or do not own the domain they are under
4. Are under construction
5. Sponsor "incentivized clicks," or pay-to-surf" programs, or use resident desktop objects such as bars and window frames
6. Use timed banner rotation or other "auto-loading" methods
7. Consist mostly of forums (chat, message boards, etc.)
8. Have more than two 468x60 banners per page, or an excessive amount of advertising in general
9. Distribute or promote spyware
10. Contain non-English web pages
11. Generate less than 3,000 page views per month
ValueClick has an user-friendly interface when you login. The login does take a while to load, but once it is loaded, everything runs pretty smoothly. All the ad campaigns are displayed neatly. You can approve and remove ad campaign with ease. They have an auto select feature which will block out various ads such as extreme animation or provocative ads if you choose to. Everything is straight forward. You can easily insert the ad codes to your website and start making money asap.
ValueClick Reporting Stats: (4.5)
The reports are displayed in an easy to read format. The first thing that you will see when you log in is a chart displaying your hourly and daily earnings. You can easily sort these reports by date, eCPM, site, ad type, etc. Stats are updated hourly as oppose to real time like some ad networks.
ValueClick Ad Formats: (5)
ValueClick offers one of the widest selection of ad format and sizes. ValueClick offers 728x90, 160x600, 120x600, 468x60, in-vue, 300x250, 180x150, interstitial, capped pop-unders, and in-stream video. Their Pop-Under ads system is the best out of all the ad networks. You can easily cap it so that it shows only once every 4 hours or once every 720 hours per visitor.
ValueClick Defaults Ads: (4)
ValueClick Payments: (5)
We have been using FastClick/ValueClick for many years now, and have always received payments on time via check and PayPal. Their CPM rates is above average, but their fill rates especially for pop unders are pretty good. Payments are made the 20th of the month for the previous month. If your balance for the previous month is over $50 and you have provided complete payment information, you will receive a check shortly thereafter. Unpaid balances are rolled-over to the next month. ValueClick Media provides payment by check or PayPal account.
Be sure to check out the rest of 123Designing's website articles and reviews!